Skip Navigation
Photos of Bedford, New Hampshire

This table is used for column layout.

Bedford Town Seal

Open Burning Information & Permits
Like all New Hampshire towns, Bedford has a Forest Fire Warden. As typical and practical, the Fire Chief is generally assigned that role. The Forest Fire Warden, in conjunction with the State Forest Ranger, is charged with enforcing the New Hampshire laws that concern open burning. These laws not only protect the woodlands from fire but also protect the environment from pollution.

The state of New Hampshire requires that you have a permit to do any open burning. A permit may be obtained by anyone who owns the property to be burned on, on the day you wish to burn. Weather permitting, Fire Permits are issued at the Fire Station everyday after 5:00 PM

Seasonal permits are available for outdoor fireplaces. An inspection of the site is required and the permit is valid for the year.

Photo of Tower
Town of Bedford
Bedford Town Offices   24 North Amherst Road, Bedford, NH 03110      Phone: (603) 472-5242
Website Disclaimer      Privacy Statement      Virtual Towns & Schools Website