- Veteran's tax credit application: (NON-FILLABLE FORM) CLICK HERE
- Veteran's tax credit application: (FILLABLE FORM) CLICK HERE
- Accompanying Affidavit Form: CLICK HERE
(must be completed, signed and submitted with application)
- Application Due Date: April 15 of the tax year.
- NEW: Active Duty Eligibility information: CLICK HERE
- Honorable discharge from service
- Applicant must apply with a copy of DD214 or equivalent declaring proof of service
- Owner of the property on April 1st of application year
- NH resident for 1 year prior to April 1st of the application year
- Bedford property is principal place of abode
- Recipient must notify Assessor's Office of any change of address
- Additional information, Proof of service forms and Frequestly Asked Questions: CLICK HERE
- "OPTIONAL" VETERANS CREDIT (Veteran, Spouse, Widow) (RSA 72:28) - $500
- "ALL VETERANS" CREDIT (RSA 72:28-b) : - $500. A person shall qualify for the all veterans' tax credit if the person is a resident of this state who served not less than 90 days on active service in the armed forces of the United States and was honorably discharged or an officer honorably separated from service; or the spouse or surviving spouse of such resident, provided that Title 10 training for active duty by a member of a national guard or reserve shall be included as service under this paragraph; provided however that the person is not eligible for and is not receiving a credit under RSA 72:28 or RSA 72:35.
- Service Connected Total and Permanent Disability (72:35) - $2,000
- Surviving Spouse of any person who was killed or who died while on active duty in the armed forces of the U.S. (72:29) - $2000
- Total Exemption - Must meet all requirements under Chapter 72:36-a (Examples: double amputee, paraplegic, or blindness in both eyes as a result of service connection and who owns a specially adapted homestead acquired with VA assistance).
- More information on credits and exemptions can be found HERE. To reach the Bedford Assessor's office, please call us during normal business hours: (603) 472-8104