Permit Processing Time
Processing Time Factors
Processing time is affected by many factors. Such as:
- Completeness of the applications
- Individuals requesting meetings with the inspectors
- Inspector training and vacations
- Number of applications currently in the review queue
- Number of inspections each day
- Number of phone calls needing to be returned
Statute Limits on Processing Times
New Hampshire statutes do limit the amount of time we have to act on your application.
Chapter 676 - Administrative and Enforcement Procedures
- 676:13 Building Permits Restricted.
- I. The building inspector shall not issue any building or occupancy permit for any proposed construction, remodeling, or maintenance, which will not comply with any or all zoning ordinances, building codes, or planning board regulations, which are in effect.
- II. If any building inspector is prosecuted for violation of RSA 643:1 and found guilty of issuing any permit contrary to the provisions of this section, it shall be prima facie evidence that the building inspector has knowingly refrained from performing a duty imposed on the building inspector by law.
- III. The building inspector shall adopt a form or set of standards specifying the minimum contents of a completed application for any building permit. Upon the submission of a completed application, the building inspector shall act to approve or deny a building permit within 30 days; provided, however, that nonresidential applications or residential applications encompassing more than 10 dwelling units shall be approved or denied within 60 days.
ICC Plan Review
The Building Department reserves the right to require ICC plan review if, in the department’s opinion, the project is beyond the abilities of department personnel to perform the plan review. Such a review must be completed prior to application for a building permit.
Building Code Department
we are not located at the town offices
55 Constitution Drive
Bedford, NH 03110
Monday - Friday
8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Monday - Friday
9:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.