The inspections listed below shall not limit the type or frequency of inspections the department may deem to be prudent to ensure complete code compliance.
- Ceiling grid installed and all fixtures in place before all tiles are installed.
- Must be operational with all safety devices in place.
- Technicians service tag verifying start up adjustments have been performed.
Certificate Of Occupancy
- As-built certified plot plan with wet stamp as required by Zoning Ordinance 45-13-3 (b) submitted prior to the inspection request
- Building Inspectors Acceptance
- Department of public works sign-off of driveway curb cut
- Submit your request to the Department of Public Works 1-week prior for CO inspection
- Fire Department Acceptance
- Impact fees paid prior to the request for Certificate of Occupancy (CO) Inspection (new residential).
- Fees must be paid by bank or certified check - no personal checks.
- Planning/Zoning acceptance (where applicable)
- Current Water Test - must be original (no copies or faxes)
- Septic System Approval for Operation or Sewer Connection Acceptance
- At throat with first flue tile set
Footings (Before Concrete Is Placed)
- Forms complete and in place
- Reinforcing steel in place supported by approved "chairs" or suspended by wires to ensure steel is in center 1/3 of footing.
- Provision has been made for connecting electrical service to footing steel as required by electrical code
- It is preferable the steel be brought up through the foundation so the connection may be made above grade after the foundation has been poured
- Foundation Pre Pour Inspection
- Wall rebar installed, key way or dowels installed in footings, wall bracing installed, windows installed, beam pockets installed, door drops installed.
- Certified Plot Plan is submitted to Building Department prior to inspection as required under Zoning Ordinance §275-85-D(2). The plot plan shall include:
- Dimensions of foundation
- Distances to all setbacks
- Setback locations required by Zoning/Planning regulations
- Wetland locations
- Prior to backfilling, all items are to be in place (includes footings, frost walls, piers, damp-proofing, foundations drains and filter fabric).
- Sanitary facilities must be provided on job site.
- Street number (not lot number) must be posted and readily visible from street.
- New home construction and all commercial renovation/new construction shall be required to have a dumpster/receptacle on the construction site to accommodate all construction and demolition debris. Debris is to be hauled by a licensed commercial hauler for disposal. (Cross-reference: Town of Bedford Transfer Station Rates and Rules Effective January 1, 2000. Bedford Transfer Station does not accept construction and demolition material/debris from commercial haulers).
- Pressure test on DWV system
- Roof complete with finished roof covering and all exterior doors and windows installed per the manufactures instructions for flashing
- Buried lines before backfill (backfill material must be on-site)
- Gas tank in place with fill material on site (no fill around tank)
- Interior lines with air pressure at time of inspection with all stops and caps in place
- Must be weather-tight with completed exterior finish
- Exterior of building 100% complete
- Panel interior exposed, ground rods visible or connection to footing steel, and a GFCI service outlet at the panel
- In-kind: basal inspection and final inspection NOTE: Installer must provide a sketch of the re-installed field showing field size and location with two dimensioned tie points to the structure.
- New system: basal inspection only
- Please note, for a basal inspection organic matter must be removed and area free of vehicle tracks, smearing and silt. Pump systems require an electrical permit and inspection.
- Prior to placement of concrete for verification of depth
- Conduit in place, sand for burial on site and marking tape available