Planning & Zoning
CLICK HERE for the Blueprint Bedford Master Plan website!
The Primary role of the Planning and Zoning Department is to build consensus among Bedford residents and businesses on the future direction of the community. The staff strives to implement the Town's vision for a vibrant community that is both environmentally and economically sustainable.
Some functions of the Planning and Zoning Department include:
- Providing excellent customer service while assisting with all land use and economic development inquiries;
- Working proactively to manage growth and change within the community;
- Providing objective information and analysis to community leaders to support informed decision making;
- Crafting revisions to town ordinances and regulations for approval by the Planning Board and/or town ballot vote;
- Investigation and prosecution of zoning complaints;
- Review of all residential and commercial development proposals and helping applicants with the development review process;
- Providing Staff support to the Planning Board, Zoning Board of Adjustment, Historic District Commission and Conservation Commission.
The Master Plan is updated once every ten years through extensive input at community meetings. The Zoning Ordinance and the Land Development Control Regulations are periodically revised to implement the goals outlined in the Master Plan.
Information regarding all land use board applications can be found on their individual pages . Please feel free to contact the Planning & Zoning staff with any questions.
The Development Update Google Map is available for viewing development locations and project descriptions.