- Application for a Vital Records Certificate (PDF)
- Application to Perform a Marriage Ceremony in New Hampshire (PDF)
Where to Apply
If you plan on getting married in New Hampshire, you may apply at any Town or City Clerk's Office. The license is valid in any New Hampshire city or town only and is valid for 90 days. Please call or email the Bedford Town Clerk to set up an appointment to complete a marriage license. (603) 472-3550 ext. 2 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Forms to Be Completed
Upon your arrival (both parties need to be present) the must be completed (you may complete this form in advance and bring it with you). Once the application is complete, the Town Clerk will enter the information in the State database and your license will be printed. The license will then need to be signed and dated by both parties. The worksheet will require the following information:
- Legal name
- Legal name at birth
- Current residence, including county
- Birthplace of bride/groom/spouse and of all parents
Additional Documents Required
- Certified copy of a death certificate of spouse, if applicant is widowed
- Certified copy of a final divorce decree, if the applicant is divorced
- Certified copy of an annulment decree, if the applicant’s previous marriage was annulled
- Fee: $50 The Town of Bedford accepts cash, check or credit card (additional fee is applied for credit card)
- Proof of age
State House Room 214
Concord, New Hampshire 03301
(I have attached the form for your convenience)
Additional License Details
- The Marriage license is valid upon issuance for up to 90 days.
- After your marriage, a certified copy may be obtained.
- The fee is $15.
- To obtain a certified copy of your marriage license, access an application (PDF).