NOTICE OF VACANCY:
Thank you for your interest in employment with us. Scroll to bottom for the Application Form.
NOTICE OF VACANCY POSITION:
BEDFORD POLICE DEPARTMENT
SALARY: up to $31.57 per hour
The Town of Bedford Police Department is looking to develop an eligibility list to fill immediate openings for the position of patrol officer within the department. The Bedford Police Department delivers quality Community Based Policing in active partnership with the citizens we serve. We are seeking career and community oriented individuals who desire to be part of a professional and progressive department.
* Create and maintain a feeling of security in the community.
* Facilitate safe movement of vehicular and pedestrian traffic.
* Promote and preserve the peace at public gatherings, neighborhood disputes and family quarrels.
* Provide any required services on an emergency basis.
* Accurately record information concerning activity and events handled during the tour of duty, including the securing, recording, and proper transporting of all evidence and property coming into the Department.
* Maintain weapons and equipment in a functional, presentable condition at all times.
* Respond promptly to all calls and assignments.
* Serve or deliver warrants, summonses, subpoenas and other official papers promptly and accurately when so directed.
Applicants must be able to meet the minimum qualifications for certification as set forth by the New Hampshire Police Standards and Training Council. Applicants who are NH Certified Police Officers or who have taken the Great Bay Community College and/or New Hampshire Technical Institute Police Exam(s) are preferred. Applicants must make note of having taken such test or tests on their respective application. Applicants must be knowledgeable in the techniques and practices of law enforcement and have knowledge of federal, state, and local laws and regulations, related to the regular practice of law enforcement. Must be able to communicate effectively orally and in writing, understand and follow administrative direction, and work effectively with superiors, other Town employees and the general public.
(This job specification should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents may be required to follow any other instructions, and to perform any other related duties, as may be required.)
A Bedford Police Department specific application may be obtained in person at the Town Office or click here for an online application and need to be submitted to:
Bedford Town Offices
Finance & Personnel Dept.
24 North Amherst Road
Bedford, NH 03110
The positions will remain open until a satisfactory list is compiled or the positions are filled. For further questions or information contact Captain Daniel Douidi at 603.472.5113 extension 331.