Police Officer - Opening and Eligibility List
Please include a copy of your resume with your application (if applying online, you will have the option to upload your resume).
SUMMARY: The Bedford Police Department is looking to develop an eligibility list to fill immediate openings for the position of patrol officer within the department. The Bedford Police Department delivers quality community based policing in active partnership with the citizens we serve. The Bedford Police Department has 37 full time sworn officers and services a community of approximately 22,000 residents. The town is situated just south of the City of Manchester, and also borders the towns of Merrimack, Goffstown, Amherst, and New Boston. We are seeking career and community oriented individuals who desire to be part of a professional and progressive department. Individuals, who are able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing, understand and follow administrative direction, and work effectively with superiors, would be the ideal candidates for the current patrol officer vacancies.
- Facilitate safe movement of vehicular and pedestrian traffic.
- Promote and preserve the peace at public gatherings, neighborhood disputes and family quarrels.
- Provide any required services on an emergency basis.
- Accurately record information concerning activity and events handled during the tour of duty, including the securing, recording, and proper transporting of all evidence and property coming into the Department.
- Maintain weapons and equipment in a functional, presentable condition at all times.
- Respond promptly to all calls and assignments.
- Serve or deliver warrants, summonses, subpoenas and other official papers promptly and accurately when so directed.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Applicants must be able to meet the minimum qualifications for certification as set forth by the New Hampshire Police Standards and Training Council. Applicants who are NH Certified Police Officers or who have taken the Great Bay Community College and/or New Hampshire Technical Institute Police Exam(s) are preferred. Applicants must make note of having taken such test(s) on their respective application.
Applicants must be knowledgeable in the techniques and practices of law enforcement and have knowledge of federal, state, and local laws and regulations, related to the regular practice of law enforcement. Must be able to communicate effectively orally and in writing, understand and follow administrative direction, and work effectively with superiors, other Town employees and the general public.
(This job specification should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents may be required to follow any other instructions, and to perform any other related duties, as may be required.)
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: A Bedford Police Department specific application may be obtained in person at the Town Office or online at. Completed applications must be submitted to: Bedford Town Offices Finance & Personnel Dept. 24 North Amherst Road Bedford, NH 03110
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Will remain open until filled or until a satisfactory list is compiled.
For further inquiries, please contact Captain Daniel Douidi at 603.472.5113 extension 331.