- Does your partner ever put you down, call you names, or constantly criticize you?
- Does your partner threaten to hurt you, the children, or another family member?
- Do you ever feel like you are walking on egg shells?
- Do you try to keep the kids quiet to please your partner?
- Does your partner say it is your fault that he/she hit you, threw you down, or kicked or choked you? Then does he/she promise it will not happen again (but it does)?
- Can you call on the telephone or visit friends and relatives without getting permission from your partner?
- Is your partner jealous or possessive of you?
- Does your partner ever accuse you of having sex with another person?
- Do you have access to the family money and/or transportation?
- Have you ever called the police about a disturbance at your home?