Applications for emergency assistance may be downloaded from the link below and mailed , emailed or dropped off at the Town Offices. For emailing, send to: firstname.lastname@example.org OR drop-off or mail to: Welfare Director, Town of Bedford, 24 N. Amherst Road, Bedford, NH 03110.
Drop in hours are between 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 pm Monday - Friday (except Holidays observed by the Town). Appointments may be scheduled by calling the number that follows. Also, please call 603-792-1315 for further information.
WELFARE - GENERAL ASSISTANCE APPLICATION
Go to CAPNH.org for rental assistance grant information and HomeHelpNH.org for homeowner assistance.
1. Southern New Hampshire Services (Fuel, Electric Assistance)
Community Action Agency for Hillsborough County
40 Pine Street
Manchester, NH 03108
(603) 668-8010 or 1-800-322-1073
Relay Number/Hearing Impaired: (800) 877-8339
2. 2023 Homeowners Assistance Fund - Mortage, Taxes, past-due amounts - Homowners Information Document (click here)
3. State Welfare Assistance (Food Stamps, Medicaid, Elderly and Adult Services, Transportation, Healthy Kids, Cash Assistance) - - (M-F/8:00am -4:00pm)
NH Department of Health & Human Services
1050 Perimeter Road , Suite 501d
Manchester, NH 03104
(603) 668-2330 or 1-800-852-7493
TDD Access Relay: (800) 735-2964
Fax # 603-668-5442
4. Bedford Community Food Pantry - 2023 Information Flyer (click here)