I have just moved to Bedford from out of state. What do I need to register my cars?

- Residency:

  • Post marked mail
  • Warranty deed
  • Closing documents
  • Lease agreement
  • Notarized letter from property owner (if home is owned)
  • No residency needed if you have a valid NH ID, issued within 60 days.

- Current out of state registration and ORIGINAL TITLE if you hold title to the vehicle. If you do not hold your title we will need the full name and address of your lien holder and/or lease agreement. 

- Current mileage. 

- The date of your purchase

- If there is more than one owner on your title, both owners will need to sign the title application that we will print.

**You must get a NH license within 60 days of moving to NH. 

Per RSA 261:148, we are required to see a government issued photo ID for anyone coming in to register a vehicle, regardless if the vehicle is under your name or not. 

Show All Answers

1. I have just moved to Bedford from out of state. What do I need to register my cars?
2. I just moved to Bedford from another town in New Hampshire, do I need to change my address on my registration and drivers license?
3. If I move out of state prior to the expiration of my registration do I receive a refund for the unused portion?
4. I just bought a new car, what do I need to bring with me to register it?
5. How do I transfer my license plates from my old car to my new car?
6. Vehicles Registered Under a Company Name
7. How do I know if the title has been assigned to me correctly?
8. What do I need to renew a registration?
9. Can I renew a boat for someone else?
10. Can I get any plate type at the town offices?
11. What type of payment does the Town of Bedford accept?
12. How soon can I renew a registration?
13. What do I need to obtain a New Hampshire drivers license?